Get ready for the 10th annual Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival, taking place September 4 and 5, 2015, in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. For this year’s festival, contestants of the official barbecue championship of South Carolina will compete for cash prizes, totaling $9,500. Best of all, admission is free for both days of this event, which is sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society.
The family-friendly event is the perfect way to send off summer on the Grand Strand. Held at the Horry-Georgetown Technical College Conference Center near Grand Park at the Market Common. The main stage will be located at the corner of Emmens Avenue and Crabtree Lane.
Friday, Sept. 4 – (festivities from 6 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Wing Competition and Tasting – 6 p.m. until samples are sold out. – Barbecue cook teams will be competing, and the public can purchase wings from the barbecue sales tent. Wing samples are $1 each.
- Live Entertainment on The Main Stage – 6 to 9:30 p.m. – Get ready for a great line-up of entertainment and dance to some of your favorite music! Bring chairs and blankets (no coolers allowed). Main stage, corner of Emmens Avenue and Crabtree Lane. Free to the public. The Harvest will play from 6-7:30 p.m. Miracle Max and the Pet Monsters perform 8-9:30 p.m.
- Beer and Wine Garden – 6 to 9:30 p.m. – Enjoy cold beer and wine selections at the newly expanded Beer and Wine Garden.
- Corn Hole Competition – Noon to 4 p.m. – Only $10 to register a team of two/$5 to register one player. Registration and warm-ups begin at 10 a.m. Cash prizes include a cash payout of 80 percent of entire pot to 1st place, 20 percent of entire pot to 2nd place (hosted by Coastal Tailgating).
- Kansas City Barbecue Society (four meat categories) – Noon to 2 p.m. – Barbecue cook teams will be competing in the official barbecue competition of South Carolina in four meat categories – pork, ribs, brisket and chicken. More than $9,000 in cash prizes at stake and a lot of bragging rights. Come watch as teams prepare this savory food and turn into the judges. No public sampling.
- Myrtle Beach Car Club Cruise In – Noon to 3 p.m. – Registration and load-in begins at 10 a.m. on Crabtree Lane. For more information, call Cecil Chandler at (843) 742-9802.
- Beer and Wine Garden – Noon to 10 p.m. – Enjoy cold beer and wine selections at the newly expanded Beer and Wine Garden.
- Live Entertainment on The Main Stage – Noon to 9:30 p.m. – Come back for another great line-up of entertainment and make sure to have your dancing shoes! Chairs and blankets are recommended (no coolers allowed). Main stage, corner of Emmens Avenue and Crabtree Lane. Free to the public.
- Performance Schedule:
12-1:15 p.m. Pocket Fuzz
1:45-3 p.m. Carolina Midnight
5-6 p.m. KCBS Awards Ceremony Announcements
6:30-7:45 p.m. Paul Grimshaw Band
8:15-9:30 p.m. NTranze
- Announcement of Official S.C. Barbecue Championship HGTC Culinary Institute check presentations – 5 p.m. – Learn which competitor will earn the Grand Champion title and which competitors will receive prize money. Main stage, corner of Emmens Avenue and Crabtree Lane.
Keeping the festival’s mission of an affordable event, attendees can sample delicious barbeque from competing teams on Saturday beginning at noon by purchasing a $10 wristband while supplies last. Children 6 and under can sample for free, and barbeque sandwiches and platters will also be available for purchase.
During the two-day festival, organized by Palmetto Event Productions, food vendors will have finger-lickin’ BBQ sandwiches, BBQ combos and ribs on sale. There will also be live entertainment, arts & crafts exhibitors and a beer and wine garden with a wide selection of craft beers. Parking for the event is free and available throughout the Market Common area and HGTC campus buildings along Pampas Avenue. There will be a handicap parking lot near the intersection of Pampas Avenue and Crabtree Lane.
Come on out for the Beach, Boogie and BBQ Festival in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! For more Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival information, call (843) 626-7444.
Ashley is Reserve Direct’s travel expert, visiting Myrtle Beach to find the best travel tips, money-saving deals and insider information. With over 10 years of experience in first-hand-travel adventures, she shares her stories, advice, and current events to help you stay in the know.